According to a recent LifeNews article, China is changing its slogans
for its family-planning programs, which include a one-child-per-family policy enforced by compulsory abortions and sterilizations. The slogans are part of an ongoing effort to improve China's image as a brutal, repressive, Communist regime as it prepares to host the 2008 Summer Olympics. Somehow the emperor's new clothes don't hide the truth any better.
In the interest of multi-culturalism and saving the planet through recycling, I'd like to offer some of the discarded Chinese slogans to the "pro-choice" protesters who are always looking for a new slogan to make abortion look less like killing babies. As China is no longer using these slogans, I'm sure it wouldn't sue for copyright violation. Isn't copyright violation China's national sport anyway? Maybe they will add that to the Olympics next year.
Anyway, these discarded slogans are now available to our friends at Planned Parenthood:
- "Raise fewer babies but more piggies." We could update that for our culture to "Fewer babies means more money! (at least for abortionists)."
- "One more baby means one more tomb." No change needed here. In fact, this would be a great selling point! Just tack on, "We will throw your baby in the dumpster for free--no tomb needed!"
- "Houses toppled, cows confiscated, if abortion demand rejected." This is my favorite "pro-choice" slogan, but I'm having trouble updating it for our culture. Perhaps "Will riot if abortion on demand is rejected."
The new Chinese slogans include:
- "Both boys and girls are parents' hearts." They'd better not use that one here. It sounds as if children might be a good thing!
- "Mother Earth is too tired to sustain more children." Wait! Isn't that Al Gore's campaign slogan? He needs to sue for copyright violation. But that might interfere with the Chinese division of his campaign fundraising machine. I see his dilemma already.
I hope these slogans help our pro-abortion friends advance the cause of "choice." As China has shown us by example, the only way to control population growth is by forcing "choice" on everyone.
Wesley Wilson is the President of Let Her Live, a nonprofit dedicated to saving babies by showing the beauty and value of life to women considering abortion. Please learn more about the Let Her Live targeted pro-life billboard campaign
. Donations are tax deductible.
Labels: China, forced abortion, humor, Planned Parenthood, slogans